Sunday, May 05, 2019

Teacher Appreciation.

I am so sorry this post is landing so close to actual Teacher Appreciation Week.
We've been busy.
I've been busy.

But I want to stop here to tell you that all I ever wanted for Teacher Appreciation Week was given to me during our last day with Miss Hendershott, our amazing student teacher.

It didn't come in a gift bag.
Or in a gift card for all the energy drinks I could ever want, lol.

Or even in the beautiful crayon gift, Miss Hendershott made me.

It came.
Out of the mouth of one of the members of our 2nd-grade family.

Let me set the scene.

We were filling out Miss Hendershott's eval, known as a 3-2-1. Three things she did amazing, two things she should take from our room and use in her own, and one area she could improve on.

We were brainstorming all the possibilities and were working on things she could take from our room to hers.

Our fam suggested yoga, and mindfulness, and zearn, and flexible seating. Gosh I love them.

But it was Julian.
Who gave me the gift.

"Maybe," he said, "She could take all the love we have here in our classhome, and bring it with her to her own room."

And I thought, as I wrote his idea on the board, that will do.

If my class fam notices the love.
Feels the comfort.
And ease of learning together.

Then.
I am appreciated beyond measure.

#bestgiftever
#loved
#seen
#blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment