Saturday, November 19, 2016

Attention


I started small.
Simple.

Something I could chew on.
And find effective.

Class, Yes.
Is where we began.

It's a simple concept.
I mean.
Like.
SIMP.
LE

And yet.
More powerful.
Than even I imagined.

Class, Yes.
Is the beginning.


Everytime I say, "Class,"
The class responds, "Yes"

Exactly how I said Class.

So Class, class.
Responds Yes, yes.

Classity Class
Yessity Yes.

They can be in the middle of some LOUD learning.
Some teach okaying.
Some good stuff.

And in the middle of all of that.
They switch on their brain, their ears, and listen.
With how to respond.

Then I activate them with their response.
And we continue learning.

The best part of the strategy is it works with...
EVERY.
ONE.

New Kids.
Old Kids.
ELL Kids.
LD Kids.

EVERYONE.

Here's the link back to Class/Yes on the Whole Brain Teaching Website:
Attention Getter

And, one of my favorite free resources from TPT:
Attention Getter By: Ilbra Israel

No comments:

Post a Comment